Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Best Wishes, Birthday Boy!

Birthday Boy Grayson
Today, my nephew Grayson David turns 12 years old.  He is quickly becoming a young man, moving out of childhood and entering the awkward period of adolescence.  It seems sometimes that for every step he makes forward, he gets pushed two steps back, but he never gives up.  His resiliency amazes me. Grayson has an entire world inside himself to draw upon when times get difficult or stressed.  His brilliance lies in his imagination and his inner-world of thought.

He can be a very deep thinker with flashes of incredible humor.  By turns he is annoying as heck and as funny as all get out.  I've never met another person quite like Grayson, and I am blessed that I get to be his favorite Aunt.  We share a common bond of being Virgos and he and I have similar qualities and characteristics that allow us to understand one another in a way that other people do not.  He is maturing and developing every day and learning how to harness his intellect and imagination.  In sum, he's one spiffy kid!

I wish only the best for my crazy, wonderful nephew.  I hope he achieves all his goals and dreams and develops a positive sense of self. I want him to love himself as others love him.  I want him to move smoothly and well through the world.  On his birthday, I wish for him only the brightest of futures in which he develops into a moral, compassionate, wise and kind individual who knows his own value and the value of others.  I think he is well on the road to living a successful, productive and fulfilling life.

Happy birthday, Grayson!  Always know that no matter how frustrated I may get with your antics, I will always love you and wish the best for you.  You are one amazing boy and I know that you will be one even more amazing man one day.  (Even if you do have questionable taste in music and birthday cakes!)




No comments:

Post a Comment