Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bring Me a Storm




Bring Me a Storm

With your arms a haven, your heart a home—
bring me a storm.
Unleash the lightening and hold it in your hands
to spark the heat that rises from my humid earth.

As wind against my skin, your breath
cools then burns, searing the night inside me.
Like euphoric moonlight nestled wet
within the clouds, I too am hidden and exposed.

In waiting for the thunder,
I hold still the draw and pull of passion.
Counting the beats between strike and pulse,
vibrating with half-lidded, building rapture
the sky breaks wild and so do we.

Like an arroyo, a gully filled
rushing and swirling to breach the banks
I spill over you and
melt the desert
in this storm you brought to me.



Wind Symphony

Spring sings in New Mexico.
It becomes a symphony of sound.

Wind blusters by the ears,
whistling first angry, then seductive words.

Bumping into homes, causing them to creak
and groan like a chorus of old women.

Humming through windows, carrying the tinkling
of metallic chimes and dizzy birdsong.

Frenetic air scratches like a scat jazz man
when dusty grit scrapes against glass.

This opera plays on and on
until summer's heat stifles the libretto

and composes life into a pianissimo version of itself.



Rapture and Devastation

Rapture and devastation 
dance an invisible line of desire.

Primal and instinctual
the drive to extinction cannot be extinguished.

Consumed by terrible need
recognition will love remorse all the years ahead.


1 comment: