Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dreamer's Disease



What lurks beneath the surface?



I woke up feeling very weird this morning. I dreamed vividly last night, but only shadows of the dreams remained with me this morning.  Vague feelings of unease and discontent greeted me when I opened my eyes and they have lingered through the day.  It's as if I am supposed to remember something important, but for the life of me I cannot.  A psychic tip-of-the-tongue phenomena which makes me absolutely crazy.

I already know how this day will pan out.  Distracted, introspective, unsettled and pretty much not present defines this particular Tuesday for me. I wish I could just hold onto my dreams long enough to figure out what they were trying to tell me. I think if I were able to get some quiet time in the morning, I might be able to examine them better.  However, from the moment I open my eyes, I have tremendous sensory input.  Everyone needs something, everything needs my attention.  Some days I don't even have the time to form a complete coherent thought before the children are asking me to do something for them.  Trying to catch a dream at the point is hopeless and then all I am left with is this feeling of not knowing, but needing to know.

Hopefully I will get whatever it is that is bothering up to the surface to examine it.  I don't like feeling as if I am looking into a pool of water and every time I get an idea of what is under the surface ripples appear and obscure the entirety of it. I keep looking, but nothing...nada...zip...zilch.  It is so aggravating.  I would much rather have dreams that leave me refreshed in the mornings than upset for no apparent reason.  Anxiety over the unknown completely sucks.

I am going to get busy doing things and hopefully like the long-lost name of a song or a character actor from a movie, the thing will pop clearly into my head and my issue will be resolved.  At least I will be productive and occupied until that happens.  Here's to hoping anyway.  And if I can't get it figured out that way, maybe tonight's dreams will be better.










No comments:

Post a Comment