Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Birthday Babies

Abby's 10th Birthday
Joshua's 4th Birthday

As my husband always jokes this time of year, "Forget the holidays, birthing season has arrived."  We have been blessed with three beautiful, healthy, intelligent children who have all been born within six weeks of one another.  My two book-end children, oldest Abby and youngest Josh have birthdays back to back.  Joshua was born on November 29, 2007 and Abby was born November 30, 2001.  My middle child, Jack made his entrance to the world on January 4, 2006.  Guess what major holiday comes in between all these?  Yep, that's right...Christmas!  It is one rocking season of celebration at the Hallbeck homestead. Even with all the ensuing craziness starting at Thanksgiving and not ending until after the New Year, this season is my favorite section of the calendar.  I am happy almost every day because of both the holiday season and the birthdays of my babies.

Abby's Ca
Joshua's Cake
I enjoy making my children happy
and it pleases me to please them. I like to bake their cakes and wrap their presents and show them how much their Daddy and I love them, by making their day as special as possible.  It's not made special solely because of how much money we spend on gifts, or how much the cake cost to make, but it is made special because we show our appreciation for their love, obedience, loyalty, and care.  They are good children.  They listen well, they behave themselves, they extend both to themselves and others respect and compassion.  Their Daddy and I are so lucky to have these children in our lives and I am amazed every day to see what they are going to do next.  I am just happy I get to do special things with and for them.  Their birthdays are days of celebration for themselves, but also for me as well, because they are the miracles that have made my life complete.  I wish nothing but the best for all my babies on their birthdays and when they blow out their candles I hope all their dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment