Monday, November 28, 2011

A Nonet of Nonets

Karaoke Goddess
Words hang thirsty on my tongue tonight,
waiting for the music soon played.
Milling crowds of people watch,
embarassed for those who 
sing all the old songs
forgetting the new.
I drink some more
to become
goddess-
like.


Boundaries
Breaking boundaries can be quite hard
implied force smacks of violence
but it is not always so.
Sometimes it is the soft
persuasive and cool
voices that move
your undone
heart and
soul.


Refuse to Fracture
I held it together for so long
that I've forgotten how to break.
A million tiny pieces
held by grit and hardness
cemented into 
stone, refuse to 
yield or give
for your
love.



At the End
The children told her to say goodbye.
A word alien on her tongue,
it tasted like such sour milk
and turned her stomach cold.
Choking on thick tears,
she waved farewell
to a life
she once
loved.


A Bug's Life
Inhumanity breaks us apart
allowing life to seep from rents
torn into bodies and souls.
Empty shells shrivel dry.
Exoskeletons
crack into dust,
disappear
into
time.

A hole in history fills slowly
repaired by days of birth and death,
of weeks that wrap like cocoons.
Years spin silk to fill space
with new memories
made from moments
born of this
timeless
life.


The Pick-Up Line
"Loneliness has it's magic," he said.
Words drew me in, a moth to flame.
Dancing brightly 'round my head,
buzzing bees hard to tame.
Invite me to love
a soul like yours
forever
always
yes.


The Ducks
All my ducks are in a row, and yet
symmetry is denied to me.
I can't get them evenly spaced
and this one's head turns left.
They ignore my voice
and do their thing.
I don't like 
these ducks
much.


Dance-hall Pleasures
Bodies sway to Cole Porter, the smoke
hugging the dance-hall walls with lust
twines around young, smart couples.
It rubs against hot skin
fragrant with desire
making sin
so much
fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment