Friday, December 23, 2011

Fingernail Moon

Fingernail Moon


The fingernail moon
slowly rises over twilight treetops
to scratch at both the sky
and my overwhelmed heart.


I wonder then,
if you see it too
feel, as well, the pricking
sensation deep beneath your skin.


What have I become?
A reflection like the moon--
a mirror to your sun,
shining because you make me so.


In the expansive night,
diamond-dotted and cold with stars,
you and I occupy this heat--
a small sliver of light,
this space infinite and intimate.


I Sent You My Love


I sent you the moon, to kiss you goodnight
and the sun to kiss you good day.
I sent my love on thoughts in flight,
you caught them and made them stay.


Now what should I do, with someone like you
who's truth is too hard to hold.
The passion I feel is nothing but real
and with you I want to grow old.


I have a wish, and it is but this
that you will always be in my heart.
And there you will stay, till we're wrinkled and gray
two souls that will never part.


November Wedding


When the whispers of autumn transform into the truth of early winter,
austerity will no longer be necessity and we will own time for a day.


The hours will bend and sway to our directions; we move  them with harbored magic
that only the lonely would know.


Today, we devote a life and a soul to one another and promise
to keep our secrets safely hidden beneath this well-spring of surprising love.


Birthday Ghazal


Your entrance to the world today, friend
brought a hidden hope to play, friend.

I never knew while I was young
how the years would rest and lay, friend.

Uncertain of love, not knowing
you''d speak to my heart this way, friend.

Coming to me with lonely magic
to steal my sweet breath away, friend.

I want for you the very best.
Just for you, I''ll always pray, friend.

Blow out the candles on your cake.
Your wish is for you to say, friend.

October ends, your year begins.
This love transcends, come what may, friend.












No comments:

Post a Comment