Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day is Everyday

Everyday is Mother's Day.

Today I woke up to the smell of frying bacon and brewing coffee, my children giggling and whispering loudly to be quiet so Momma could sleep, and my husband telling them to stay away from my door.  When I opened my eyes, I noticed that I felt completely refreshed and I realized that I had slept nine hours straight.  Wow.  A Mother's Day present doesn't get much better than that....quality sleep and a goodly amount of hours.  I stretched leisurely and got up, taking my time before I left the room, savoring the few unhurried moments I'd been granted.

When I stepped outside the door, I was bombarded by my three babies, hugging me and wishing me a happy Mother's Day.  They virtually dragged me down the hall into the kitchen, where they had painstakingly put up a sign for me, all hand-drawn and decorated.  Breakfast was on the table and two presents were next to my plate (wonderful books I had been wanting to read).  My family means the world to me, and the greatest gift of all is being allowed to be a mother to my three fantastic children and a wife to my lovely husband.

I am a truly lucky and blessed woman.  I am grateful to be a mother every single day and do what I love doing best, helping to raise three beautiful, intelligent, happy, well-adjusted little people.  Every day is Mother's Day for me because I know they love me and I love them and our home is built on respect, trust, fun, discipline and most importantly joy.  I hope every woman who has raised or is raising children, either her own or someone else's, has a blessed, happy, and meaningful Mother's Day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment