Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Nonets: Dust, Green Things, Black Dog, Square Peg--Round Hole

Dust


I wipe off the dust  you left behind.
With lazy swipes, my cloth spreads dead
ashes in the silent room.
Motes float on sunbeams. As
wishes, they scatter,
dying slowly
in descent
like my
heart.

Green Things


Curious enthusiasm will
define my attitude with age.
I will not  grow up or old.
Like green things, I just grow.
Blossoming, fragrant
with beautiful
humor, strength.
I am
young.


Black Dog


Be quiet! Black dog always barking.
Shallow learning curve, I hate you.
Unchecked youth, you sicken me.
Too much wagging, wiggling
enthusiasm.
Unrestrained, it
spills wildly
and stains
me.

Square Peg--Round Hole


So tenacious, this constant barrage.
Words like knives, meant to cut and carve
happily fail.  You cannot 
change my truth. We are
square peg--round hole
This friendship--
oddly
good.

1 comment:

  1. really the writer have excellent ways to explain
    thanks a lot
    yours
    Titto

    ReplyDelete