Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Hanged Man

The Hanged Man is thought to represent the value of surrender and selfless acts. The Hanged Man embodies the notion that sometimes to lose is to win.


"
The Hanged Man creates his fate through inaction and accepts his fortune passively, without resistance. He does not struggle to control the path his life takes, but rather allows events to sweep him where they will, even if he is called upon to sacrifice himself. He is so at ease with the Fate the Universe chose for him that even hanging upside down from a tree does not ruffle his inner peace."

I have always enjoyed reading my horoscope and seeing what the day could possibly hold in store for me.  I have also recently been pulling a daily tarot card as well.  Today I received "The Hanged Man."  This card represents surrendering to fate, of having such a deep level of inner peace that a person remains completely unperturbed by what happens to him or her.  I like the idea of that...being so thoroughly centered that no matter what occurs in my life, I can handle it.  I often stress about situations, people, or events that cause problems or that mess with the flow of things.  I don't like being stressed because it then negatively affects my thinking and throws off the rest of my day.  Sometimes it can be the smallest incident that triggers too much thinking and a rising level of discontent.  I would love to have a greater sense of peace that regardless of how crappy the day turns out to be, I am still internally peaceful.

Some people may think that surrendering to Fate creates an environment in which a person chooses to do nothing in regard to guiding his or her life.  I think that could happen for some people if they took the message at face value.  I don't think the Hanged Man represents giving up completely and not having a personal stake in creating direction and meaning for one's life.  It just means to remain internally chill about how things shake out, while at the same time striving for the things, situations, and people one wants in his or her life.  In my opinion, being at peace doesn't necessarily negate ambition.

Anyway, it is definitely an idea to ponder today.  I am going to strive for remaining relaxed and calm in the face of whatever adversity may come my way.  I am also going to embrace and celebrate any joy that comes my way as well.  Being happy and peaceful is a choice.  Circumstances don't have to dictate our emotions.  We can decide to make up our minds to be joyful, peaceful, and happy regardless of our environments.  Pretty much everything is a state of mind.  You just have to make up your mind to be at peace, stay present in that idea, and enjoy life as it comes.  I think hanging out with the Hanged Man for awhile would be good for me, so that is exactly what I am going to do.  I'm already looking forward to a chill and relaxed day.  I hope yours is a good one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment