Monday, February 6, 2012

The Joy and Bliss of This....

Hello

There is never just hello with you.
Words that should float, fall heavy from your lips.
Lightness does not exist with the tug of subtext,
dragging them and me down into darkness.
I weary of hearing the hidden meanings,
the unsaid slights full of dormant disapproval.

Your eyes betray your thoughts,
your  body belies the smile on your lips.
A touch from you, becomes a lie itself
burning my skin, blistering me in the heat of hate
you cannot express.

Why stay?
Contempt cannot comfort nor satisfy.
Let me go by leaving.
Say hello to someone else
and mean it with all your being.


The Joy and Bliss of This…

That little thrill, bass in the blood stream
pumping to a beat beyond the heart’s well-known drumming,
dances through the body, coursing from fingers to toes,
arms and legs, eyes and nose
till a song breaks aloud and
I sing.

My golden moment,
the joy and bliss of this….
music of the soul transcending blood and bone
to find purchase in the world of words
loving melody and mood.


Lie to Me, Let Me Believe

Your  stories told made my life bright
Bright  enough to light the night.
Night became my favorite place.
Place your lies with me, my space.
 My space then filled asks you to leave.
Leave just the lies, let me believe.


Like Me

When I look at you, I see me
a younger version of self that has now molded
into something other, another copy
fifteen years too late.
Some learning,
some love,
some hate
makes me what I am.

Wishing to know then
what I know now,
I could have stemmed the tide,
but chose to hide instead.
And now, fifteen years too late
I am dying, not dead.

Guttering like a candle
blown in a draft, I am but wrinkles in the melting wax.
I ask you to relax, to take it easy
and not care so much. 
But I can feel your fear,
in the words I hear
dropping like stones, to rest weighted at my feet.

I see you see it too,
the familiarities, similarities between your state
of being and my own.
Don’t wait fifteen years too late, to be grown.
Do it now, the hard work won’t wait
for it will leave you all alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment